PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2015, 07:58
Basic Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why now?

And if I was answering that question, I would say, you wanted big shiny jet time before now and anyway once you get that far up any tree it gets harder to leave.

I used to be a training Captain back in the day on a Dash ( crash ) 8... Due to a slack period in the industry I was there a few years.. So when the opportunity arose and I found myself in front of someone asking that question, I was a bit perplexed. I was prepared to take a 50% pay cut to go forward in my career and fly jets ( wow ) and this dick was implying that I must be useless as I had so much experience! Yeah, that why I was a TRE because I was useless....

Anyway, that was then and now it's a memory... TP guys and gals are easy to train, I've done a lot of jet conversions with them. They are speed aware, can land in a cross wind, ( it really isn't that different, took me two goes to nail ) they are CRM experts as they have flown with some strange types who don't want to leave, and are two crew ready.

If anyone can get through the sim etc, then it don't matter where they come from. What we need is boys and girls that have been trained well and recurented well...end of.