PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2015, 05:12
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luke, I'm not missing the point, you and I are talking about the same thing, it's why I prefaced my initial comments by speaking about the quality of candidate.
What you are missing is that from the perspective of the EK training machine, previous experience, qualifications, hours etc etc etc matter not, you are treated as an unknowing Luddite. Hence the need for relevant training, it doesn't matter to EK if these guys can write an ops manual, train CRM or live an breathe aviation, they will be low seniority F/O's who when they want their opinion it will be given to them, that's the EK checking department which BTW is slowly reversing all the positive gains it has made in recent years.
As to my comments relating to who I would prefer sat next to me when the proverbial hits the fan? someone who is comfortable in the environment, that comfort level comes from being trained correctly, based on what I see that won't happen.
For context Luke, my previous employer took many many 2-3-4-5-6000 HR TP guys and plonked them in the right seat of a 757 or 320, I trained a lot of them and it was recognised by those far more enlightened than me that the conversion and line training needed to be tailored a bit more, that won't happen at EK with its cookie cutter approach, and so I will be left to pick up the slack, probably at 3am during the monsoon somewhere.