PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2015, 07:20
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressive, i would struggle, honestly.

But you are simply proving my point. Any flight operation is challenging. Any pilot has to adapt to a different one. Now having filled a sizeable backpack of experience makes adaption much easier and faster. A 1500h TPFO needs more training to adapt than a 10000 DEC.

Funny thing that the same blokes complain about having to nurse around narrow body DECs at EK with their infinitely more vast experience on worldwide WB and ULR network. They would certainly be more suited as upgraders than those pretentious skippers. Due to what, that is the question!

When confronted with a similar argument but this time working against these low hour astronauts, suddenly it should no longer apply. They would certainly be just as suited as the big hour WB worldwide experienced colleague FO. Once again: Due to what, that is the question.

We transited from piston underpowered light twins onto 82t MD80ies. I know what taking a lot of steps at a time means. I also know what training they gave us and simply compare to what is on the table today.
The two man ops over critical terrain is not a hands on exercise. I know that every FO i share the cockpit with has better stick skills than me .... But today's operation on EKs network is not easy. 95% yes, but dear colleague FOs, it's about the other 5%. And Murphy is remorseless, he will hit us when i am stuck between 350 panicking wobblers and the other FO taking a leak. That is exactly when i want some more experience, training and exposure up front. A very outspoken dude thinking his seat should be further left and pulling his stick into stall for minutes, because of being completely overwhelmed by the situation, is unfortunately a product of a might be very good aviator but with too little and inadequate training.

I am not alone in no longer trusting the local companies to assess the total risk accordingly. Too much greed and 'who cares' involved. That is the reason of our concern and criticism, not doubting of possible skill or professionalism of fellow pilots.