PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seaplane landings England legal?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2015, 19:55
AtollAtoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon A5 or Lisa Akoya

Hi

I am thinking about buying one of these two planes.

Check them out here

Explore the A5 - ICON Aircraft

and here

Lisa Airplanes - Créateur d'avions de plaisance

I came across this forum from looking at Sea Planes in the UK. There aren't many as noted above.

Both these planes can take off and land in water 2 foot deep and with waves up to 30cm high.

I came looking for help in what i might be abel tdo with them. Happily both will land on land or water without modification and the lisa can also land on snow.

I expect a number of you have been to the OshKosh EAA Airventure. I went a couple of weekends ago to check out these two planes and what else is out there.

My plan is to use one to fly between an airfield near london and then land near my house in Topsham on the River Exe. A stretch of often flatwater that is one mile wide and five miles long.

Given the range of these planes - I also fancy exploring Along the costs of Devon and Cornwall... channel islands... Isle of Scilly.... France and Northern Spain using a combination of water and land landings. I also like that they can be put on a container and shipped easily so would likely take it to South Africa, the USA and South America for some exploring.

Interested in people's views on

1. The planes - they are made predominantly of Carbon so some of the maintenance issues mentioned above are perhaps less relevant.
2. Rules in the UK and in the rest of the world on Sea Planes - the USA seems pretty well covered.

and any other comments you think might be helpful.