PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2015, 16:46
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK then, i'll explain:

1. Won't this help FOs upgrade quicker? Isn't that a good thing?
Not always. If the future 1500h guy upgrades after 4 years, then flies with a 250h ab initio cadet, we will travel on very thin experience on heavy equipment in a very demanding environment.
Basically this is a rather silly rhetorical question!

2. I remember when I was a green turboprop pilot droning around hoping that my 2200hrs counted for something; hoping to land that dream job. Isn't this move then a good thing for them? This is 'their moment'. Let's not spoil it.
As I stated some pages above, it might be so, in a sane environment with adapted training. However with what exists here at EK it spoils ‘our moment’ for the ones who have to deal with very reduced experience on line. At least let me the freedom to criticise that, Sir!

3. Okay so the jet is bigger than a Dash 8, or a DHC6; and yes they will face a few challenges along the way, but I know of at least 1 guy who went from a little turboprop to a big jet and made it without too many issues. That guy was me.
Just one paragraph below you tell us not to do something because any personal experience is a minority experience, thus not representative, thus to shut up. Nevertheless you adopt it right here to try to prove something …… so much for consistency.

4. To those on the forum who feel it is their right to slander whomever they want; please don't slander the training department or anyone else for that matter. If you've had a bad experience, you are in the minority and your comments may not be representative of the entire pilot group. They are still our colleagues and do the best with what they have in bringing guys up to speed. The 2 stripe pilots (< 1500 hrs) that I fly with are professional, polite and knowledgable. Stick and rudder skills; pretty good considering their experience levels. No problems there.
Even being our colleagues, it can’t shield them from criticism. If our trainers are often too young (in experience) or too … you know what … to realize that they should not be in training, fact is that the syllabus is not adapted for pilots of that little experience and it is not going to change. So allow us to criticise, please Sir!
Stick and rudder skills 'good enough considering previous experience' is simply not enough and not what I would expect in the RHS with a T7 or 380. Accepting that is imho not very professional and does not help our cause.

5. Concerning the "pay rise" and "what we should have got." Correct me if I'm wrong, but no where on my signed contract (with the gold lettering), does it say that the company is obligated to give me one. I see the 'step increment' clause, I see the 'possibility' of a 'profit share', but nothing else.
As we are a government entity, the company is synonymous to the government. Applying your logic, the company/gvt is just as little obliged to increase the price of fuel, schooling and so forth. It is simply a matter of a national morale to attempt to balance income and expenses, and this is accepted worldwide, across almost all cultures, at least the civilized ones.
No contract covers that, again making this argument futile.

For the rest of this ‘contribution’ there is no need to elaborate.