PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2015, 10:53
bigdaviet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think EK could be a good option for people on turboprops depending on their circumstances.

Even if they're not happy in EK they will have jet experience and could go back to low cost jet jobs in Europe or Asia. That could still be better than where some are right now and you'll have seen a bit of the world on your 24hour layovers. Maybe pulled a load of cabin crew in the process if thats your thing?!

Needless to say the A330 would be the worst case scenario. EK reserves the right to put you on that type even if you're employed as a 380 or 777 FO. But it is a useful type that you can take elsewhere if you're really not happy in EK.

Don't know how much night flying guys on props will be doing. I think it fair to say you will be doing a LOT more if you join EK.

Plenty of info on all the other negatives on pprune. Plenty of info on the positives from the company.

One more thing I would say is that it is impossible to predict time to command now. It could be much quicker than you are told or it could be much longer. Reasons being...
Fleet retirement completely varies depending on what the company wants one week or the next. Retirement rate up = expansion rate down and vice versa.
Resignations up a bit and certainly looks like that will continue with current morale levels. A future exodus could lead to DEC.
EK can move people from 777 to 380 at will. This can slow down/speed up command on specific fleets.

So as I've said to many friends thinking of joining, think long and hard about all the pros and cons and decide if it is right for you personally.