PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 18:15
CamelRustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Governor

It could be good. But it's not. Very little would have to happen to fix it, and a large portion is cost neutral to them. Part of the frustration. IF you do get offered the 777 ask them to etch the offer into a 5 kg gold bar that you will return to them after completing the 777 course.
One of their biggest issues at EK is promising you the 777 or 380 then switching you to the 330 a day or two into the welcome course. And surprise they have the 330 sims and instructors waiting for you! I have flown with many FO's that this has happened to. Some very recently. Emirates knows you don't have a job to go back to so they figure you are stuck. Personally, I would accept nothing but the 777. If you get the 330 you will be here as an FO till the fleet dies in 3-4 years then you will be moved over to the 380. However, once on the 380 ALL the Captain slots will have been filled or spoken for and you will be a career FO with a very interesting type rating. Best to look for smoother waters. It's gonna be a rough ride here for the foreseeable future. Love your schedule! I would stay put!
Your other option is to do it for 18 months then take your new type and go.