PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 10:04
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There must be some logic there somewhere but I can't see it.

So... back to NCL.

I still think anyone who pays many hundreds of £££ for business class for a 1 hour flight to AMS is either completely nuts or so rich that the value of money has become meaningless.
But when I checked in online 30 hours in advance (ie as soon as poss) for my economy flight I was offered a very cheap upgrade which, for 1 reason or another, I took.
One of the advantages is to avoid the queue and use the Priority check-in counter.
On arrival at NCL there was no-one manning the Priority desk so it was everyone in the economy queue. Not a good start.
When I got to the desk the girl didn't seem to have a clue how to transfer my bag straight through AMS and onto BKK even though it was all KLM. She tried for quite a while before asking for help then pulling all sorts of scrap paper out her pockets looking for something before eventually announcing she had done it.
I know I was on 2 separate tickets but it's obviously not even a slightly tricky operation as on the return the girl at BKK did it in seconds.
Then it appears that the left hand doesn't let the right hand know what is going on and on the plane the stewardess said that they hadn't been told about anyone who upgraded so there weren't enough business class meals.
They also seemed to have quite a few people in the seats with different names to the ones on her list.

Is it just me being a moaner again? No. On that trip I used NCL, AMS, BKK, HAN, DAD and KKC (great airport, none of this taking your laptop out your carry on bag).
The only one I had issues with was NCL.

Mind, the new lounge is a big improvement on the old one.