PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High winds at Schipol. What a landing!
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2015, 16:49
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with just a measly 2000 hours or so on the 777 I would very much like to know.

So would we all. It sounds interesting to someone who is steeped in B737/757/767. (on a side note: I tried to fly the L1011 sim in the only way I knew how = B732. On approach it didn't like it. B747 was not too bad, but I don't think the landings were assessed too sharply.)
Just a note, and this relates to so many threads, experience needs to be relevant. Considering the questions asked and the systems being discussed it will be the number of PF takeoffs & landings that is relevant, not total hours. If someone was punting around Asia on short haul 4 sector days they would have more takeoff/landing experience than the ultra-longhaul jockeys who might do 4 a month. I say this because it is relevant to this topic in that people talk about experience on types. On days like this the relevant experience is how many times you've landing is such testing conditions; on any a/c. The we can discuss type specific. Total hours mean little. If we were talking about CRZ related problems and systems malfunctions then total time is a factor. I do not mean to any of this in a negative way and I hope y'all get my drift.