PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin IFR
Thread: Twin IFR
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 19:09
Continental-520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ops Normal,

You can expect an email from me in due course. Please do not interprete the delay as a sign of disinterest, as that could not be further from the truth.

I don't recall being inpolite towards you unless our last exchange is what you consider rudeness. That, of course, is open to interpretation.

The only point I was trying to outline in our last was that for someone who has indeed seen some hardship in their time, which you have from my understanding, what you were saying was far from encouraging or helpful to those you were referring to. Again, it is up to the individual to interprete. Whilst you may not have intended in the context mentioned, it was sure taken that way, not only by me, but my former employer also. Does this have to be anyone's fault??

Yes, I have been aware and have just driven home the fact in the paragraph above that we both know exactly who each other are, if that makes any sense. This is what contributed to any angst in my previous posts in that topic, the fact that you never mentioned when we met that I had "talked myself out of a job". Quite the contrary, in fact.

Surely you, of all people can understand that the learning curve one goes through initially after entering this industry is not only one to do with operation of equipment, but also the conduct of oneself towards potential future employers. You obviously thought I knew nothing, and whilst I don't/didn't know a lot, I along with countless others am/was learning, and have so far learnt enough to be hired by two companies, one of them twice over.

To your credit, you at least dissed my resume to my face, but whilst it gets me somewhere, I don't care how 'wanky' it may appear. With the amount of competition around, I figured the only way to get anywhere was to talk oneself up. And hey presto, it has worked. Whilst I could have gone further than what I have, I'm grateful that I've gotten anywhere at all.

So, excuse me for trying. By your post above, I'm justabout drowned in fear that as soon as my piece of paper lands on a desk there, it will be slagged off. Nevertheless, it won't stop me from trying, cause yes, I DO want it that much.

I will take up your offer if I may and endeavour to email you as soon as I can.