PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2015, 19:47
Pulkdahulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of everything that everyone is saying is true. its not easy to move on to a different country and start over again. Also it isn't easy for everything happening at EK to change when the ball is not even in the pilot's court.

Real life example outside flying : I also shoot Electronic Dance Music Festivals around the world apart from flying, and the pay is so low that most of the top 5 photographers including me walked away from them. Guess what, the festival organisers are still getting great shots for free from newbies who want to create a portfolio and be popular. It's the same in almost every industry. It's best not to leave EK because ultimately the loss was mine at the EDM shows. In fact their never used to pay on time, we staged and walked and never came back and now they pay all the photographers (newbies) after every show. We made the difference but who were the gainers : Those newbies!!!

Stick around and fight it out. Don't leave. But also please don't vent. No one who wants to have a piece of that glamour (Joining EK) will listen to any of you. They will go through the grind and then understand. I find the whole activity just increases your frustration and blood pressure.