PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta evacuation in Tampa
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 07:26
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Really....

And there was me thinking that (quote from the Boeing flight crew training manual)
" ...there are 8 emergency exits on the Boeing 757-200 series. They are labelled L/R1,L/R2,L/R3 & L/R4. Exits L/R1,L/R2,L/R4 are positioned at the normal cabin door entry/exit points and Emergency exit L/R3 is situated AFT of the trailing edge of the wing." Unquote. I've never seen a B752 with overwing exits
I only ever flew B752's on the UK register. I positioned around in them often and frequently sat at DOORS 3. I doubt any one could see through an alum-inum wing to witness a transient flash from the tailpipe of a G/E or P&W engine if they were sat at an OVERWING exit. I've had and seen a few Hot-Starts and they are indeed nothing more than momentry flashes. Certainly not a reason for a passenger to initiate an uncommanded evac.
I guess that you learn something new everyday. I wouldn't of believed it if I hadn't seen the safety info. post.

Pointer, We have differant mods and specification fits but I read your post to be a tad anti-Brit. On ALL Brit B752's we have the 8 emerg. exit fits and they are manned (99% of the time ) by a stationed Cabin Crew member. That is probably why Anti-Ice was querying as to how this could happen. I think you jumped on him a little hard.I assumed that 8 door was the norm as did Anti -Ice,just as you thought 10 door was Standard.

I apologise for assuming the B752 in this incident was a Standard Fit but not for responding as I did to Pointer.

Mr@SpottyM
Are you sure there are more 10 exit a/c than 8 door examples?
There are quite a lot of American A/L,United and Delta B752's parked in storage at the minute and there are quite a few large users on the 8 door list. For example ATA,AmeriWest,TWA(I concede part of AA), but also US Airways, Northwest A/L,BA, IBERIA then in addition to the UK and European Charterers you have the Mexican and Chinese Heavyweights.

Last edited by Pontious; 24th Jun 2003 at 08:07.