PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2015, 08:31
schienenschreck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syntax Error,

Your last reply conveyed WAY more information than you usual rants. I thank you for it, I think you made your point clear!

I kinda agree with Wizz though. If they can't (or better won't) pay their pilots more, and have bad conditions then pilots will leave. They have to do something to tie them down.

CTC is bloody expensive however. 130K Eur, even if you include Type raiting then a "normal" 0 - ATPL wouldnt cost more than 70K EUR. That is a hefty 50,000 premium. In Hungary at LHNY for example you can do an all inclusive (accomodation etc included) for 65,000 EUR. There is absolutely no reason to fly to NZ or USA to do flight training. + 20K and you have your type rating as well, for 85,000 EUR. Obviously there are other costs involved as the program includes line training as well, but come on, since when are you supposed to PAY for Line training??

All in all I think this might be a good opportunity for those who have the CASH. I have detailed the repayment plans or monthly payments in a previous post, but 500 EUR monthly would only service the interest, and if you want to repay it in a reasonable timeframe then you need to pay at least 1700 EUR a month.

Still, I am looking for anyone who has applied and knows more than what is available on the website.

Good luck!