PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Everett Aviation - East Africa
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 22:44
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the Helihub article was very poor and it makes me take anything written by people supposedly in the know with even more of a pinch of salt.

The aircraft were leased by Everett but are owned by a division of Bristow and from what I hear the 2 which were ferried to UK will be used for SAR while some shortfalls in the fleet are covered.

Also, the SAR aircraft is still being crewed, though I'm told the crewing and continuation training have been reduced. At least one of the aircraft is in Aberdeen already. I wonder if the colour scheme will be changed - I think it looks very smart as it is

The oil finds which Statoil made off Tanzania are huge, but with elections due in October and the present oil price, I think it will be another 6 - 9 months before much of anything happens in Tanzania again. I think they only stayed on as long as they did because Bristow ere bidding on the ENI contract which CHC had in Mozambique. When they didn't get it there were rumours that they'd go to Nigeria initially