PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky spinoff?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2015, 13:49
Lonewolf_50

Received 445 Likes on 281 Posts
Ian, this makes some sense. As I recall, when the Seahawk LAMPS Mk III program was awarded, IBM federal systems division was the prime and Sikorsky the sub who provided the airframe. In due time, Federal Systems (or part of it) was sold to Loral who ended up being assimilated into the LM borg.

One can see that Sikorsky and LM have had a long relationship in systems development, which suggests to me that LM has a good idea of Sikorsky's strengths and weaknesses. Of all the buyers, this is probably a best fit.

Originally Posted by wiki
Lockheed Martin Systems Integration – Owego (LMSI) Originally
founded as IBM Federal Systems in 1957, it was sold to Loral Corporation in 1994. Subsequently, Lockheed Martin acquired Loral's electronic systems and systems integration business in 1996. In 2010, Systems Integration was dissolved and merged with Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Sensors and Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control.
IFMU: (just in case your post was not tongue in cheek ... )

I'd say LM knows Sikorsky pretty well, having worked a lot of systems integration with them on various helicopter programs for about 20 years.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 20th Jul 2015 at 20:36. Reason: The thread was moved so other post I deleted.