PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Training South East
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2015, 13:11
DoItForTheThrill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerobatic Training South East

Hi All,

Thank you for the replies, looks like a change is needed pronto!

For those that have suggested the Tiger Club, it sounds like a brilliant place for gaining experience from those who are in the current aeros circuit, I'm ashamed to say I've heard of them but never followed it up! Will give them a call soon to understand whats doable. This sounds better option than the chippy at shoreham as they are doing aeros for the love of aeros.

I think you are all correct about learning the Chippy though, It was 30 mins in my first taildragger so I expect it'll take time, it just felt a bit odd. Totally agree that it was a lovely aircraft to fly, just a bit of a handful for someone who's used to a yoke/very docile 152...

Camargue, Can I ask where the Extra 200 is based/who the company is?

Ampage, I would like to know a bit more of where/what you flew to get to where you are now as we started on the same aircraft?

Dobbin1, I'll PM you in a sec...

Where I'm going with this is that age old thing of, I just love to fly. Ive considered doing it as a profession, but after working for a large aviation training company, I realised that most of the guys from several different carriers didn't enjoy flying anymore. It was just a job. And that for me was really sad. So, I fly as a hobby, and Im really happy with that. To add aeros to the mix makes it all the more exciting. If it leads to doing displays, even just for fun, I will be a very happy guy.