PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Training South East
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2015, 21:12
Camargue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm where to start!

I flew an aerobat many years ago and decided if that was the best plane I could afford I'd give up

Forget this stuff people tell you about learning energy management in an under powered under performing plane, you need it with a 300 hp extra as well.

Also you are paying A lot. For £250 you can hire an exra 200.... And after 40 mins you will have had enough. It don't take long to get to 3000 ft either

If I were you I'd phone the tiger club at pent farm which near Folkstone. They have a cap 10c which is a lovely tail tragger. 180 hp, fixed pitch, easy to fly, inverterted fuel/oil rolls at about 180 deg per second. you can do inverted figurs also no air space to worry about and £235 per tacho hour. It will take you far further than the aerobat ever could

They have people who know how to do aeros as well, you can do the dick Bentley comps and they will no doubt take on board the hours you have already.

Don't mean to be rude but £215 per hour for a heap of junk is a waste of your time and money and really won't teach you that much.

Phone the tiger club and look on their webiste. Good Luck. (I am not currently a member fyg but had many happy years there and about 60 hrs in the cap)

Last edited by Camargue; 19th Jul 2015 at 21:47.