PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian - Last 36 pilots not needed during the winter.
Old 17th Jul 2015, 11:11
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bondi

You have one hell of an agenda going here

You are incorrect to say that Norway does not enjoy the benefit he EU-USA open skies agreement, it might not be a European country but does enjoy the same or similar benefits.

You constant carping about temporary contract staff has been over taken by events. The LH haul crews are based in LGW pay UK tax and social insurance.

If the DoT were going to throw this application out it would have done so by now, its already 15 months in.

This has now been taken up at European level and will shortly result in one of two out comes, 1) Norwegian will get approval fuss over 2) Norwegian does not get approval and the EU will ask the American DoT which of the US majors it want to ban from flying to Europe.

Turning to NAI you often assert that the IAA AOC is to someway avoid oversight and regulation, which is of course is an insult to the Irish authorities, but staying with your theme, then please explain why Norwegian have now applied for an UK AOC and will in due course apply for a Spanish AOC ?

The whole European operation excluding Scandinavia will shortly move to the Irish AOC and the UK operation will move a UK AOC

NAI is a wholly owned by Norwegian its corporate HQ is in Ireland, when DY changes to D8 in the Autumn the revenues will flow through Ireland, which just like the likes of Google & Amazon find it financially beneficial to book their € revenue through Ireland, it doesn't make them any less American and won't make Norwegian any less Norwegian. It will also reduce exchange rate losses against the NOK.

The UK AOC will allow access to routes that current European AOC does not, its about business costs and traffic rights, not safety as you like to imply, further i would remind you that with an average fleet age of under 4 years its one of the newest in Europe

You make frequent reference to media links in Norway about labour relations, but only the negative stories that suits your agenda.

The amount of time and energy that you put into your anti Norwegian campaign speaks volumes about your agenda, there is zero balance in your argument, no one pretends that its perfect, but show me an airline still trading that is?

I would suspect that your agenda is driven by rejection.

Either way time will tell, my money is on gaining full US approval.