PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable – Bell 429 Uses Rogerson Kratos - Don't Buy!!
Old 17th Jul 2015, 08:01
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Taily. I purchased the helicopter new from Agusta about 10 years ago .

No, I did not ask what repair costs would be or if service info would be available for every part of the helicopter when warranty expired. Why would I ? From my experience with owning many different brands over many years aircraft companies have always been ethical.

Even the S76 I flew around the world had reasonable overhaul costs for equipment. This is the first time I have experienced total dishonesty from a monopoly service organisation. Yes lots of other companies could have tried the same thing but they did not knowing that their good names would be destroyed.

And most likely they were run by business people who considered that being honest was important for long term survival in our industry.

The damage Rogerson Kratos will do to trust in our industry will be substantial. Capitalism requires ethics to operate successfully. And you don't need much to destroy that trust and have government over regulation- as we have in Aus.