PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 13th Jul 2015, 10:29
Norfolk Inchance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucaneer Bill
Norfolk - I was generalising on the ex-mil theme, but if indeed most RAF SARF personnel do not rotate to the front line then I would agree that would have some bearing with respect to HMG looking elsewhere for the SAR resource. As you say - where you keep your family was a choice, and with that choice comes financial and work/life balance decisions. I believe that with Bristows the lads have to live within 30 miles of place of work so no one needs to make a big location decision. I guess the only decision you really need to make is if you are happy or not with the new order of things. If you are not - then don't apply.
Exactly. These guys aren't being forced to apply to Bristow. If you don't like what is being offered then look elsewhere. As for living within 30 miles of base. At the interview of course you will re-locate, ...... but difficult to see that one being enforced. There are plenty of existing personnel working in CivSar who live >30miles from their base, and that won't change.