PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2015, 22:06
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kcockayne

do you believe that during the period that Lgw was owned by BAA that Lgw and Lhr were promoted equally? Or was Lgw promoted as the waiting room to Lhr, a term we hear often. I remember a few years back when BA used to print a timetable, getting a copy of their worldwide edition. Where a service ran from both Lhr and Lgw, the connections via Lhr were always far better promoted. So, in my opinion, neither BAA or BA were that serious about promoting Lgw as an airport for transfers. Now we have an operator there giving the idea of transfers full support and there are a lot of vested interests who do not like it. I use Lgw to transfer a lot, usually on Easyjet flights, never had a problem and I understand the risks I am taking. I am also of the opinion that if Norwegian is successful to N America we will soon see others going there to. And if Lgw gets the second runway, they will all pile in as they will not want to miss out on one of the best aviation markets in the world. I would love Lgw to get the second runway to just watch how quickly all talk of taking expansion plans to Paris, Amsterdam etc melts away. I give it a few days/weeks.