PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 12th Jul 2015, 12:03
jimf671

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by P6 Driver
This might well be a silly question but as there are people making points about training, pay and competency, e.t.c. on this thread, have any of you written to Bristows, HM Coastguard or other authorities who actually make the decisions about all of this or is it a case of bumping gums on an anonymous internet forum in true Daily Mail letters page fashion? (i.e. It makes you feel better but can't make a scrap of difference in the real world).

If anyone has written to them, I apologise, but bearing in mind what the last few pages are like, there's no way I'm going to trawl through over a hundred more page of that!

Well, on first meeting with the Bristow SAR Director, I asked her if she thought she was paying her rear crew enough. Is that up front enough for you?

It is worth considering that many of the individuals involved will be perfectly happy being able to transition over at the existing rates and conditions with an exit possible not far ahead anyway and getting to continue in the job they love at a respectable though not stunning pay while probably having a decent pension in the bag already.