PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40% CASA staff increase whilst GA goes down
Old 10th Jul 2015, 02:22
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
What do they do? They make work for each other.

Example:

CD 0712MS - Display of nationality marks, registration marks and aircraft registration identification plates

CASA wishes to advise that CD 0712MS - Display of nationality marks, registration marks and aircraft registration identification plates is now available for comment.

As a result of inadequacies and inconsistencies of the current Part 45 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR), the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) is currently undertaking a post-implementation review (PIR) to examine how the requirements could be revised to be more suitable to industry and modern aircraft operations. A working group of industry and CASA representatives was established to undertake this PIR and review proposed amendments.

The working group’s recommendations were incorporated in Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) 0712MS, which was published for consultation in December 2010. Comments closed for this NPRM on 26 February 2011. Following a review of the responses to the NPRM, CASA instructed the proposed amendments to Part 45 of CASR.

A general exemption against compliance with certain requirements of Part 45 of CASR was issued to initially resolve some of the immediate problems and to avoid the need to issue exemptions for individual aircraft. The initial general exemption was issued on 31 January 2008 and then reissued on 27 January 2015 as CASA Instrument EX16/15. The exemption aligns with marking requirements already adopted by some other leading International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) contracting States, such as the United States of America (USA). These requirements apply only in respect of operations in Australia.

Following the release of the Report of the Aviation Safety Regulation Review and the Government response, CASA has identified several areas of Part 45 of CASR that could be improved via a three-tier structure. CASA therefore proposes to amend Part 45 of CASR to provide for the issue of a Part 45 Manual of Standards (MOS). A consultation draft of the Civil Aviation Legislation Amendment (Part 45) Regulation 2015, incorporating the issue of the MOS and the PIR's proposed amendments as well as a consultation draft of the MOS are now available.

All comments should be submitted via the Project Leader, Jurgen Schob by close of business 3 August 2015.

View this Consultation Draft on the CASA website: http://www.casa.gov.au/consultationopen
If I couldn't write the rules for markings in one A4 page in one day, I'd think I was a failure. Then of course I could adopt some other country's rules in toto. These CASA guys have strung the process out to Seven years so far.

Last edited by Sunfish; 10th Jul 2015 at 02:34.