PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian - Last 36 pilots not needed during the winter.
Old 9th Jul 2015, 13:38
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA might/should be interested in testing the 'permanent contract' status and T's & C's in a UK court. If it is operated as a 3 month rolling contract, and T's & C's changed willy nilly at the behest of NAS, I would expect BALPA to have a case to argue on behalf of their disadvantaged members. OSM have the duty of care to their employees. That can't just say it's out of their hands because in fact NAS pulls the strings. BALPA should be eager, but I doubt it will happen. In another sphere, after many of the guys at RYR have pumped €-m's into IALPA we have heard nothing about what fruits have come from seeds sown with those contributions. Are unions just stashing the dosh away for a rainy day for some more priority members' issue? The tax authorities in various countries seem to be getting their act together and warming up the engines. If there has always been a case why have the representatives of the crews not been more active? Just asking, as it has been very quiet on that front, across the whole industry, for 3 years or more.