PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2015, 20:44
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless things have changed in the last 3 months the Signatures offices were going to remain after the hangars were knocked down. After the new FBO was built the existing offices were then to be removed but with a new planning applications being submitted maybe that is now not the case.

The work in the NWC, which I thought was skimming, was just to remove a section of concrete so a trench could be dug for electicity. A fence has also been erected so that would fit in with Busters comments.

Access to Gulfstream's hangar has been maintained while the South stands have replaced the NWC for aircraft parking.

With the closure on June 30th of a large chunk of the staff car park by the south stands I was optimistic that at last work was starting on phase 1 on the CTA but today the whole of the staff car park is once again full of cars. For the week the car park was empty it wasn't touched so I have no idea if start dates have been once again put back.

The mystery of the new zebra crossing next to the existing one in the bus station has been solved, as all they are doing is doubling the width of the existing one. It was reported here a few posts back that the bus station was moving in August. I find that hard to believe as work has not started on its replacement.

Work on gutting most of the old arrivals building was completed a week ago but since than not much has happened. Plans are in place to substantially reduce the seating area of Burger King as partitions will soon be put in place so the wall from the former arrivals building can be taken down.