PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B1/B2 licence in 2 years with an A320 type rating
Old 7th Jul 2015, 07:40
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
"
Licence is one thing, what you do or able to do with is another
ps: one stupid guy does not represent the other people of his country, and this count on every aspect
"

To be fair, that's perfectly true.....however.....as boeing eng also points out, the erosion of standards and the criteria for both training potential engineers and their subsequent employment is equally valid.

I am bemused as to how 12 weeks " O.J.T" experience can be classed as the equivalent of 3 years experience for example.

Presumably, in this 12 week period, the trainee engineers encounter the whole range of problems experienced in either a Line or Base environment then ?.....erm, NO. And lets not forget that OJT also supplies a convenient source of cheap labour for an operator...albeit supervised of course, but still a useful source.

There's also a developing, and very disturbing to be blunt, trend towards the financial exploitation of potential engineers...now whose going to be the main beneficiary there I wonder ?

That, and whilst it undoubtedly benefits a student, the increasing use of VLE to reduce direct training times is also detrimental to gaining practical experience.