PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 2nd Jul 2015, 11:46
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank you, mmitch, for posting that report.
Valley SAR finishes.…
I was the commentator for the the RAF Cosford Air Show last month - interestingly, the RAF’s only air show this year, and that’s a downturn if ever there was one. Sorry, thread drift.

Anyway, I felt immensely privileged to be able to cover the last ever public appearance at a show of a Big Yellow Budgie from Valley.

The guys - Flt Lts Martin Jarvis & Rob Jones, and Sgts Martin Seward and Pete Wood - did their stuff with their usual aplomb and attention to detail. As they neared the end of their display (sorry, rôle demo), I found myself getting more and more emotional.

As they departed, to much applause and appreciation from the audience, I reflected on the 22 Sqn motto 'Preux et Audacieux'. As all you erudite PPRuNers will know, it translates roughly as 'Valiant and Brave'. I wondered
who could disagree with that expression of the daily work of the men and women of 22 Sqn? Let’s wish them all the very best for their now rather uncertain futures. I’d personally like to say how immensely proud I am of what 22 Sqn has done - and indeed of what their colleagues on 202 Sqn have also done
It was a rather teary moment.

airsound
(who is slightly prone to the old ’beery tears coursing their way down the seamed old cheek’ syndrome)