PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 calling FCU actions
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2015, 09:52
Bula

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Villas,

As always you get the technical information but miss the point completely. It's not you, its just cultural. To say "Airbus said in 2013" is cool and congrats for an awesome memory. However to view it in isolation is ill informed.

What you are stating, and even the bulletin at the end of the day is TECHNIQUE. Anything outside of FCOM is technique or company SOP.

Looking for the magenta speed target on the tape is technique. Personally I use the PROG title to confirm FMGC flight phase.

Selecting speed on final is strategic. Too many times I have seen people manage speed only to have the target jump to 250 kts which is why I wouldn't endorse your said technique. Besides, it's so 2013.

What's that old saying.. " procedures are for the ashes range of fools and the guidance of wise men". If we were to consider the concepts of rule, knowledge and skill based decision making and error management you will see it is truly a double edged sword.

As long as the guy next to me keeps me in the loop I don't really care what he says. Some would says that's unprofessional... I just think there are more important concepts and ideas to worry about flying a jet.