PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A RAF C17 is going to Tunisia.Slow response from UK?
Old 1st Jul 2015, 18:25
unclenelli

Location: Civ/HAL/SHY/FYY/PWK/AAS/WAD/AVI/GPT/BZN/BSN/WAD/BAS/FLK/WIT/MND/WAD/WIT/WAD/Civ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airpig & Uncle G
The Dips is not a problem (as AP would seem to already know) . These would have been dip'd under the standing no-notice authority by the DA/Amb level across France, Italy and Spain, Tunis would have been even higher!).
STS/ATFMX STS/HUM STS/HOSP would have been applied to these flights in the FPL (since 2005, BZN have been able to self-auth under licence, meaning no CTOT aka Slot-time from EuroControl.) (GA-PPruners WARNING - Audits are regularly checked to ensure paperwork is in place, with fines for those who haven't!)

--------------------------------

The delay would have been the nationality ID to enable relase of the bodies to the right nation.

How many people carry ID to a beach when wearing trunks or bikini/swimsuit?
I wouldn't!

The local authorities would have been trawling the hotels for rooms unexpectedly unoccupied (reported by cleaners) for several nights, searching them for fingerprints/DNA, comparisons with victims.

-------------------------------------

On a more compaassionate level, as someone who has served in BZN Ops in the past, and witnessed many a mil RePat, I can confirm that from the moment they were entrusted into UK care, they will have been treated with the utmost compassion & respect that the UK people consider normal & appropriate to the departed. May I wish my personal condolences to ALL families.

Especially to the family of the victim (& his patient wife) who shares a name with my brother, who has recently stayed at a hotel 2 doors along from that beach, what a spooky coinidence! - I have had to reassure several people (friends & family) that they were of the wrong assumption & that my brother was safely home in the UK and not involved, but still with the eirie feeling that someone sharing his name was a victim.

Last edited by unclenelli; 1st Jul 2015 at 18:35.