PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 calling FCU actions
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 13:34
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all
I think things are getting mixed up and getting unnecessarily personal. The original question was hey guys how you go about this? So all of you gave your company procedures and opinions and I gave the airbus procedure. I was asked to produce some document and I copy pasted. It has been called erroneous, ridiculed, defied and not mandatory etc. Just as your procedures do not have any mandate outside your company aircraft the airbus procedure also is not compulsory unless operator accepts it. I presently train crew of five airlines. Do I teach them this procedure? No. Because their SOP doesn't have this procedure. We only discuss on PP nobody changes his procedures. The second part is about system knowledge. Whenever you activate approach FMGC enters approach phase and Vapp will appear below as the new target. The only exception is if you are in select speed. Those who say it does not appear every time are wrong. You can refer to FCOM. Similarly when SRS changes to CLB after T/O speed target appears in magenta on top of speed tape. If you don't think so check next time you fly. About checking speed colour, I have experienced when speed is pulled or pushed some time it doesn't happen and needs to be done again. How would you confirm this? Whether you say speed managed or magenta is not important but checking the change of colour to confirm is.
CONF iture and Cak if PNF forgets to press second time how do you know it is activated? and any airbus can be flown in selected modes what is so unbelievable about it?