PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay or Dragonair?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2015, 00:48
JY9024

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
MC. What your being told is all true so I won't repeat the obvious. Put simply, my package right now is good. I have a good , not extravagant but comfortable lifestyle, live in a nice home in a good part of town. The company give me a packet of cash to pay off my house and kids are grown up and no longer in the expensive Hk school system. But, you can't have what I have and that's the issue that is being past down to you. The company looks at DEFO's on the local contract as a means of filling seats quickly to cover expansion, it takes a long time to train up local cadets and many years to get them to command standard. They know that you won't be able to live here long term so will leave at some point to be replaced by a local who will never leave or complain about the contract, standard of hotels, allowances, overtime threshold etc.
So MC come on over, but don't ever bring up your shirty contract and complain that it's not fair that I earn more than you and try to justify that your being hard done by, coz if you do I won't let you touch my big shinning jet.