PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2015, 22:25
thoughts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand the sentiments of people defending this course and highlighting that if you love flying then it's fine to be paid very little.

These are a few points I would like people to consider.

Doing 100 hrs a month routinely waking up at 3am or eventually getting home at 3am after landing at 1am is hard, very hard. This has recently been compounded by the introduction of EASA FTL's that, previously I would only be allowed to do 3 early morning flights in a row, now it's 5. I can also do a SSH on day 5! Fatigue is no joke, it ages you 100 years and is dangerous for flight safety!!

Who would want to work for Wizz on this low salary if given the option between Wizz and an airline with better T's and C's and more pay (assuming same base etc). By accepting to work for such low pay you are allowing Wizz to put airlines with good conditions and pay out of business. This means that in the future you won't be able to work for a good legacy carrier in the dream job that we all aim for.

Wizz have recently reduced their hour requirements from 500 to 300 total. Why is this, struggling to recruit?
Of course everything works by supply and demand. It's up to everyone considering this career to protect your own future now. The Wizz requirement can't get much lower, if they want to expand those planes aren't going to fly themselves (yet)! The only thing they can do then is to poach pilots from other airlines and careers. The only way they can do this is by offering more money. Crew costs can be averaged at around 10% of the airlines total cost. Increase the salaries of pilots and cabin crew by a large percentage of 50% and the total cost to the airline would only be 5%, 50% of 10%. Total 15%. Obviously Wizz don't spend 10% on their crew costs so if it is 5% then a 50% salary increase would only be a total crew cost of 7.5%. They can afford that and obviously it would make a huge difference to anyone trying to service a debt, buy a house, get married, have kids, buy a car, have a holiday etc.

So effectively what i am saying is this.
Planes do not fly themselves, all of you future pilots out there reading this are key. With 110 A321 NEO aircraft potentially on order at Wizz alone they greatly need you. If their needs are so great for pilots they will be recruiting you on to a course like this, paying for your training perhaps even a salary during training. Of course this sounds mental but this was the case around 15 years ago, however if you continue to accept these diabolical terms and conditions and levels of pay then there is no future in this industry.

You are the key!