PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 18:15
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately the UK Border Agency in my opinion makes arriving in the UK a most unwelcome experience and I am Brit coming back into my home country so what the non-Brits must think I shudder to think. This applies to arriving at ports as well as airports. A recent experience arriving at Dover from Dunkirk by the way being gawped at by several officers as one drives through a ´´shed´´ - that description is an insult to sheds by the way. On return via Portsmouth the security at the port - non Border Agency - asks us who owns the car, who packed our bags, looked in the engine compartment but not the boot, are we carrying any knives, cutlery etc. What the people in the following motorhomes and caravans were going to say I do not know who were on their way to the Le Mans 24 hr race!
On arriving at Caen the French Police - Bonjour I see you have Spanish car - Espanol - no we are UK living in Spain, I see, plenty of sun, Bon Voyage.
Have every sympathy with people waiting in the queue at Luton and other airports. Am surprised somebody hasn´t said write to Theresa May (M. Thatcher Mk2).