PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2015, 11:49
Widebdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 or 4 excellent and detailed posts over the last 2 pages. Thank you guys very useful to get such insights.

It seems to me the short haul roster is the elephant in the room in terms of problems in the airline making SH an unhappy place with command getting very junior as people prefer to escape to LH. The short haul roster also seems to be the main stumbling point for potential would be applicants.! I gather many easyjet pilots won't touch BA primary due to the state of BA short haul operations (not the slower command).

But my question is, why is short haul so disorganised? With all aircraft operating primarily out of one base I would have imagined it would be easy to be efficient. I don't understand why there are regular aircraft changes, cabin crew changes, long turnarounds etc. I struggle to see how unions can be solely to blame for aircraft changes and poorly constructed "slings" around Europe. Coming from a low cost background it screams out poor efficiency and poor crew/aircraft utilisation. All this means time on the ground, which normally means less money and less profit.