PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2015, 09:32
Amigo South

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in summary, BA is a great place to work if you have sufficient coping strategies in place - buy a Ford Fiesta, don't upgrade your Casio watch, enjoy your own company and join Netflix (because you'd rather be watching a movie on duty than be at home with your family). All TIC of course! However, these are not really unique selling points that are going to attract experienced professional pilots.

I agree completely with GS-Alpha's post above re: RA. The same group of commuting BALPA reps are currently busy trying to convince BA to get an alleviation to EASA FTLs regarding back-to-back trips. The price to pay for the rest of the community will be to allow BA to RA back-to-back trips. (My understanding is that reps cannot be RA'd). So once again, less chance of getting that 1 day off that you need.

Smooth Airperator - with regards to turning down courses, well I did it myself years ago so why not? It's a sellers market right now. One thing to remember though, is that BA can, have and will move people between fleets within their first 5 years. I have flown with F/Os who joined on the 777 only to be told on day 1 of groundschool that they were now going to the A320. Wherever you end up your first 5 years will race by and you'll still progress up the master seniority list. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.