PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 19:11
Boeing operator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average days off is about 11 at the moment (despite 8 in the contract). It is still a "start-up" and they are still learning, but the idea is to increase this to about half/half. Like in a normal long haul operation. NLH have 8 a/c at the moment. In three years they have more than double - 17 a/c. I am pretty sure that they will know by then how to schedule long haul crews, and that they have better flexibility with 17 a/c to schedule effectively. It will only get better, resulting in more days off per month. That's my guess.

It is a low cost company. They don't keep you on outstation longer than they need. Normally that is 24 hours. So, in three working days you do 20 block hours (average trip is 10 hours). Most guys fly a "W", four legs in six days clocking 40 block hours. You do that twice per month and you have your hours. A couple of standby days on top of that. This is how I believe it will look in a year's time.

A new contract will be out the next few days. The rumor is that the minimum off-days will increase. We'll see.

Upgrade based on seniority. But again, the fleet will more than double the next three years. And more orders on the way...