PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 00:40
sierra_sotiropoulos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really are a wise guy Syntax Error

To begin with, I am neither "management" nor "CTC" (as you accuse me) and actually I am not trying to defend this programme.
I just like people to be accurate, especially when they try to teach other people lessons with an attitude!
Before beginning my flying career I went to the London School of Economics for my BA and Cranfield University for my MSc, while in between also got an MBA so, trust me, I know how to deal with numbers better than you!

1) You wrote:
First the only difference between FO and SFO is BASE PAY of 5000 Euros, so how come you have calculated 16K extra on the FO and SFO 20K?
This is FIRST ERROR.
This is YOUR first error, as you already admitted in your second post. SFO's have different sector pay.

2) You wrote:
The sector pay has been increased by 30%, a normal sector was 30 Euros, now it's 39 Euros. My mistake, I used 33 Euros instead, which on 30 sectors is 990 Euros, should have been 1170 Euros! Yes those 180 Euros is going to save the day on such a big loan, not!
One more mistake. You compare the SFO's standard sector pay to the FO's medium sector pay.
So the correct calculation is: FO 30x30 = 900 euros SFO 30x39= 1.170 euros
Therefore the difference between the two is 270 euros, not 180!
And, of course, this is really the worst case scenario. The difference gets even bigger in a more realistic sector mix.

3) You wrote:
First if you do TR with Wizz they deduct 1000 Euros a month for 15 - 18 months
You are wrong again. The pay back period is 36 months (so approximatelly 416 euros/month) BUT at the end of the bond period you get half of the money (7.500 euros) back in cash as a bonus. So in reality you have paid 208 euros/month for the TR. So I can't see how it is even worse, as per your claim

4) You wrote:
At least expect minimum 1000 Euros for rent and food and utilities.
Not really mate. In most bases you can live with well below 1.000 euros/month but it all depends on the lifestyle you want.

5) You wrote:
So if you think you can get 16.000 Euros in Sector pay, of 30 Euros a sector, I can tell you straight away you have no idea. That would equal approx. 44 sectors a month, and the only base where this will happen is Gdansk!
Well, with a realistic sector mix (not always flying standard sectors, but also medium, long and XL) you need only around 36 sectors per month. This could happen in almost any base.

6) You wrote:
Taxes are NOT 0%, I know Greece would like it to be like this, as they borrow money, spend it, and cant pay it back! But that is not how the real world works!
If you want to talk about the Greek economy or you need some private lessons on fiscal policy feel free to PM me since it is not interesting to the rest of the members.
However two quick words about how "the real world works":
A) Learn the difference between Tax and Interest Rate. If Greece would like something, that would be zero Interest Rates on the loans, not zero taxes (which makes no sense!)
B) As a Greek citizen if you work and live abroad you get a 100% tax exemption, provided you are taxed at source.

7) You wrote:
EINSTEINS!
So next time, before trying to teach other people lessons and being disrespectful towards your colleagues, do your homework a bit more thoroughly... Einstein