PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin IFR
Thread: Twin IFR
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2003, 04:07
Dances_With_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had about 250-300hrs when I did my rating.
I was flying ATO's in a Partenavia and a Navajo at 900 hrs.
So I say 'Go For It'.

Did it in an Aztec. Was told that the airlines prefer training done in faster/more technical aircraft, don't think it really makestoo much of a difference as long as it has cowl flaps and retracable gear.

My only recommendation for selection of training establishment, is to make sure the person training you has experience on actual ATO's, not just instructing. Too many people are getting taught how to fly Multi-IFR by instructors who have only a few more hours than themselves, these instructors have never done a real approach single pilot down to minima's (i.e. Some of the Massey instructors with only 60hrs multi, 30 of that PIC. Not trying to start an argument, some of their instructors, R.R. are very good). My instructor was doing a regular run in some of the most difficult flying conditions in the country, he taught me a lot more than any non-experienced instructor would ever be able to do. If it's possible, see if you can go along for a ride with your instructor, you will learn a lot this way as well.

Hope that all helps ya.

D_W_C