PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA EASA ATPL
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2015, 16:37
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Pontius, I wasn't aware that a three year lapse may only require a LST. I didn't see it in CAP804.

Link for those suffering from insomnia: https://www.caa.co.uk/application.as...detail&id=6412

A number of us at Emirates have got our EASA ATPLs issued in Ireland, who make the licensing process a hell of a lot more straight forward, than dealing with the UK CAA.
Many from HKG did as well, but that was when the CAA were being a bit silly with their interpretation of the rules during the JAR to EASA transition period, such as the 7 year IR currency. Now, they are following EASA Part FCL word for word and the whole process has become very straightforward. Ironically, when I was in Aviation house a few weeks ago, there were a number of French registered cars in the car park. It turns out several French pilots were having ratings put on their EASA licences by the CAA as the DGAC take a while to add a rating which means the pilot cannot work until it's returned by post a couple of weeks later. The CAA can add them on the same day!

Last edited by Dan Winterland; 21st Jun 2015 at 18:18. Reason: spilling