PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2015, 20:40
Direct Bondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K Gusset/Essex lad:

“Well said” what exactly? No useful information was provided by your post, just a derogatory personal attack. I realize that enlightenment may sometimes disappoint, but do try and replace your unsavory objections to facts you refuse to accept, with constructive comment. Coincidentally, Kjos may not have considered the First Amendment at the time of his US Permit application.

The thread requests information on Norwegian’s UK 787 operation. Not only have I provided information, in most cases I have supported it with solid evidence. In particular, I hope I have enlightened many as to the true “employment relationship” with Norwegian and the reasons many find the Kjos, labor business model so objectionable – including 700 of Norwegian’s own pilots that went on strike last March.

I obviously touched a nerve with my reference to VAT. The fact remains, any type rating training provider in the UK is obliged to charge VAT. If pilots are being recruited by Norwegian and “charged” for their type rating, it is subject to VAT. Alternatively, if some other 30k or 40k payment is made to whomever and for whatever, it must be declared to HMRC by the recipient.

Guss, I fully support any pilot in their desire to obtain the employment of their choice. However, even you should see the irony in Norwegian’s 787 acquisitions:-

Built by a skilled workforce having government employment law oversight, labor rights and principles, including collective representation with their real employer.
Flown by a skilled workforce at an airline where none of these employment virtues are in place, allowed or dared to be openly communicated.

SAS and Lufthansa file new objections to Norwegian's business model, "A scheme that undermines Norway and European labor laws". Link:-

Kjos purret på Norwegians USA-søknad: SAS går til motangrep - Norwegian Air Shuttle - Børs og Finans - E24