PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2015, 05:52
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are people celebrating increased passenger numbers?
Well I am not for one and think Luton has gone too far but I guess extra profit is linked to numbers.

PS is all this growth at Luton in the existing peak hours or is it that other, previously quieter, parts of the day are getting busier? - that makes a big difference to whether an airport is "full" or not.
Quieter parts of the day are definitely getting busier but even though the airport is affected by waves of passengers those waves move around the airport so there can be for example mild congestion in the CTA while arrivals is just fine but that can swap around.

The airport seems to be getting new pinch points, ie the closure of the short term car park because it is full comes to mind, which is new for this year. But without doubt the number one complaint about Luton is the drop off charge and those complaining are not even the passengers. The following is the latest comment which came in yesterday.

Congratulations Luton airport! I didn't think it was possible but you managed it - you've managed to make me think even less of you! Two pounds fifty for someone to drop people off at the terminal, minimum charge! (Or you know, dump them in mid term parking and let them catch a bus). Zero benefit to anyone but yourselves - you've found a way to nickel and dime even the people that *aren't* traveling - impressive stuff! Keep up the sterling work and I'll keep trying find anyway possible to not put business through your terrible, terrible airport.
But there are other complaints. This came in on the 15th

Ladies toilets in arrivals are disgusting. As is the £2 charge to use a trolley! Not the 'welcome to the UK', our visitors should be getting.

London Luton Airport Hi Kate, thank you for your message I have raised the cleaning issue with the team responsible for the terminal, the pictures you sent fall well below our expected standards so thank you for bringing it to our attnetion. Kind regards, Jackie

Last edited by LTNman; 17th Jun 2015 at 06:12.