PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2015, 20:41
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At some point the number of business aircraft Luton can handle will have to drop.

Signatures new replacement apron is full. They are still using both hangars that were meant to have been knocked down by now. Stands 16 and 17 which goes back to the airport next August is often full and on Monday 8 biz jets were parked back on the south stands which again goes back to airline use.

Of course there is nothing stopping Signature from still using stands 16 and 17 plus the south stands when they are available but if Luton's expansion plans work out as planned there will be a lack of concrete in only a short time. The Harrods and Landmark aprons also often seem to be full with a general lack of parking.

Going back to Signature I wonder what is going on there. They got planning permission in August 2012 and even acknowledge in their latest application that they are losing market share due to the state of their old facilities yet even now they keep submitting new applications as another one has gone in for May with the following comment.

Following granting of planning permission, it became apparent that building out
the scheme as approved would not be possible with various minor changes
required, in order to ensure that the proposal is deliverable.
Well they don't seem minor to me after I plodded through them.

Last edited by LTNman; 16th Jun 2015 at 21:33.