View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2015, 16:04
Mac the Knife

Plastic PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hallo mix!

Of course
I made a typing mistake

The "not" got lost in a bit of editing - it should have been (NOT a very good idea), since it is in fact an extremely BAD idea!

OTOH Mavericks can allow unsigned kexts and AFAIK this has not been a major attack vector (though naturally it potentially is and may get worse).

Yes, I did come across Angelbird and their claims - unless they have managed to get a signed kext from Apple, they've may have found an unofficial hack (never a good idea in a commercial product).

Many thanks

Mac

"If you are really worried about not having TRIM, then perhaps you should just get yourself a 15k rpm spindle drive instead. That should give you a half-decent performance boost."

Actually this is a very good idea! Only occasionally do I do much major disk intensive work and I'm wasting important surgical energy on worrying about **** like this.

[BTW, if OWC SDD drives can implement TRIM without problems in Yosemite then they probably have a signed kext from Apple (maybe Apple use OWC drives!). Or maybe OWC drives implement TRIM internally?]

{Just on the side; Samsung could well afford to license a properly signed and verified kext from Apple to allow TRIM on their drives. Do their controllers have a compatibility problem at some level with Yosemite or is Apple just being difficult?}

Hamba khale!