PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment Predicament
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2015, 11:28
FL290_Capt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Employment Predicament

Yep another one of those threads, well maybe a tad different.

I sit here trolling every website for jobs and contacting all my resources to find employment as a charter pilot in Australia/Oceania/Asia. But still to no avail as yet.

It's a story you've probably all heard, but what is one to do? I've got 1000hrs TT worked as an instructor and decided charter is what I wanted to do.

Completed my ATPL theory working part time and I find myself sitting here desperate for that charter gig. Gained the ME and a CIR to try boost my chances, hiring a cheap twin for twin time to hopefully boost the chance of twin employment.

Let's cut to the chase, I'm keen and I've contacted nearly everyone I mean everyone, it's slow at the moment. I'm either too qualified for the entry job for the desk (I'm told) or not qualified enough for the next gig.

I'm keen to do the hard yards, I'm the hard worker who gets in and does the work that most call in sick for.

Is it just timing right now? Do we have to wait for the airline (CX) influx to start?

I'm happy to jump into the singles its career progression hopefully to twins I expect that, I don't expect to be given the job just because I've got a few more hours than the fresh CPL but what else can one do to gain employment?

Am I to just fly up north and door knock DN, CS, AS and the likes?

Just a rant but would love to hear discussion, advice or banter. Am currently on the iPad on the road, sorry for potential poor grammar.