PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ** Paris Air Show **
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2003, 18:01
sugarbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visited the show Sat-Tues

Sat: Concorde was a low key affair. No announcement, just the old bird turning up in the circuit, looked as if she was doing an approach into CDG. Then a landing and taxi and thanks a lot.
Weather - hot, the French, just French.

Sun: Airbus and Boeing press conferences a bit dull. Same story, different year - I suppose Forgeard and Mullally have to earn their bonus' somehow. Forgeard disappearing benaeth scrum of photographers didn't happen but almost. That would have made a story. The 7E7 Dreamliner announcement was mildly interesting. The name came as no surprise really - I would have preferred Global Cruiser. Still I've put my Dreamliner pen and baggage tags in the Sugarbird loft ready for the eBay auction when the project is scrapped in 2005 when Airbus announces a take-over of the company creating a new subsidiary - Airbus US. The sun must have been really hot that day.
Wearther hot and the French maddening, train strikes, on Sundays!

Mon: Got into the show relatively easily, just leave hotel earlier and the show earlier lads.
Emirates/Airbus press con the world's worst kept secret.
Russian RJ sounds a bit like the Dreamliner but they gave good value in a baking hot press con. Despite invite for lunch at Airbus made to feel completely unwelcome. No help for hard working press by idle pr persons. Better welcome at BAE and Boeing. Even better at hard pressed Embraer. They were really busy and welcoming Keep it up lads.

Tue: Went for the morning, saw the clouds, realised I had no coat or umbrella and set off for airport and home a bit earlier. More obstacles. Non, you can't check in for a 6pm flight at 1.30pm said Monsieur at pre-check in.

2005 - I'll have to go, its going to be dominated by the A380.