PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2015, 07:37
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear up a point. The building isn't being demolished, it's just the ground floor that is being gutted and then refitted for part of the search area when that is eventually moved. If they were to demolish the building then the existing 1st floor search area would also disappear.

I think some of the confusion especially on my part is the choice of words the airport has used in their planning submission.

I have been told that phase 1 now starts in July but I will believe that when I see evidence of a contractors village being built. Also the old easyjet HQ is still to be knocked down but it might be the case that easyjet are hanging on to their car park located by the old HQ for as long as possible as they don't have an alternate site except the off site car park which is accessed via their bus.

2.3 These works, together with the provision of temporary buildings for contractors’ compounds and the creation of temporary access routes, under Part 4 of Schedule 2 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development)
Order 1995 will take place prior to the formal commencement of the Phase 1
works.

Additional enabling works relate to the terminal improvements. These are
necessary to create the space to enable the built improvements to take place.
They include provision of a temporary arrivals hall in the currently fallow area in
the Old Terminal Building, changes in access to the building, demolition of the
current arrivals hall,
preparation for the new security screening area and the
relocation of security equipment, preparation and repair of dilapidations on the
first floor, the erection of hoardings and other internal re-organisations.

Last edited by LTNman; 15th Jun 2015 at 15:02.