PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2015, 06:40
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few observations

Called in at the airport in early June. The new arrivals seem to be coping fairly well although locating the train ticket purchase machine in its present place is not good. When there is a queue this meanders back to the main arrivals part and also shields the National Express bus desk. Not good. I cannot see a solution to passengers having to use the zebra crossings as the old arrivals hall is now being demolished the health and safety mob would not like people walking nearby. Talking to a friend who works at the airport and on Friday 5 June they expected 21,500 passengers through in the 24hr period. This is of course before the start of the busy three months of July, August and September. There was quite a number of special executive flights i.e. England team, Foo Fighters and trips to the European Cup Final in Berlin using a mixture of B757s, B737s, 146s and a VLM Fokker F27. My friend also said on the New York service there was a large number of Americans using the service which has to be a good thing. All in all the airport did seem to be coping but cannot comment on arrivals, security etc. as I did not fly this time (leisurely drive through Spain and France).