PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2015, 13:53
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are 12 BACF flights in and out of GLA this weekend some of which are Barrhead travel exclusive charters. After the debacle that was the BA Mainline EDI-IBZ failed experiment, if the likes of Barrhead Travel were to take seats on BA as-is you would wonder why a seasonal BACF scheduled flight couldn't be offered, particularly to ie PMI where there are 4 EMB 190 flights alone today along with Milan, Verona, Malaga, Salzburg, Mahon and Ibiza.
Could generate additional income. It's probably the perfect size aircraft (I suspect A319 mainline might just be too big)
Barrhead, Thomson and Thomas Cook are 3 of the operators that BACF operate charter flights on behalf of ex GLA. The tour operator pays for the lease of the aircraft the crew etc. So BACF still makes money even if the aircraft has only a handful of pax on it.

BACF operate a lot of charter flights during the weekend. This summers flying program includes:

ABZ to AGP, PMI and REU
DUB to MAH
EDI to ALC, BCN, IBZ, PMI, MAH and VCE
GLA to ALC, BCN, FAO, IBZ, MAH, PMI, AGP, SZG, VCE and VRN
HUY to ALC, BCN, PMI and VCE
IOM to MAH and PMI

I am sure I may have even left a few destinations out.

Some routes are served with multiple frequencies and depart on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday

BACF also operate winter ski charter flights from EDI to CMF and TLS

Last edited by BAladdy; 13th Jun 2015 at 15:02.