PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2015, 10:10
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only problem is them getting more 757's which ain't easy now a days. If there did I don't think we would see more than 3 planes at LTN in 5 years.
757's are in plentiful supply...

ILFC have six parked up at Lasham looking for new homes and Im sure Thomson will be happy to source them another 757 as they gradually wind down the fleet.

If La Compagnie do expand, I think it will be modest... Maybe an additional 757 will be used to add additonal frequencies from both Luton and Paris with maybe like 10 flights a week to Newark.

To be taken seriously as a business carrier they need to secure better slots into Newark, a 9pm arrival is pretty awful!

At the moment I get the impression they are attracting more the wealthy tourists going to New York, who would usually travel premium economy with the likes of BA/VS and are happy to splash a similar amount for the luxuries of this airline, while not paying mainstream airline business class fares.

The airline also really needs to source another aircraft in any case as a back up, as they are very vulnerable with only a fleet of two aircraft and if one goes tech they are buggered. Leasing a back up aircraft with business configuration next time, might not be so easy, especially as we go into peak flying season.