PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 19:32
Maverick72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thoughts
Although Wizz do not make you pay for the TR upfront your salary is reduced by around €1000 for 18-24 months (perhaps someone can confirm the exact details). This is a bit cheeky as Wizz get Airbus training credits included with their new aircraft and yet they will still insist on salary deduction.

So if you are on a LIT FO contract and were non type rated your salary would be €18k-€12k(€1000/month TR deduction)=€6k+sector pay.

This directly affects flight safety. With a salary this low no one will be willing to miss the opportunity to fly earning valuable sector pay when they are in fact sick/unfit to fly!

Please correct me if I am wrong but flight safety has to come first, if you agree with this MPL scheme, low salary and questionable employment practices then you are not considering flight safety at the forefront of you decisions.

Redbull - No one is forced to sign these contracts but Wizz have a duty to ensure high standards of flight safety. I am not convinced that the scenarios discussed provide enough of a guarantee that flight safety will not be compromised.

Poland is not the same as many other countries with Wizz bases.
They deduct 415eur/m for 3years after base release. Then after 3yrs you get back half. So 7500eur back in pocket after 3yrs.